Subject: [amos-list] Re: Virus(?) in Poolmem and FastIPrefs!
From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:33:29 -0500

From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>

On 13-Jul-99, Andrew Crowe wrote:
>FastIPrefs 40.37 (11.07.99)  optimized by H.-W.Schober 
>   filesize=17,428

>PoolMem 1.45 (9.7.99)
>   filesize=7,672

>are infected(?) by a program called zakapior that does /something /on
>the internet. I have no idea what it is doing but if you have those
>installed I'd bin them straight away. Also if you have zakapior in
>your task list then I'd stop it before going on the internet and
>disable your startup programs to find what else might be infected...

According to the scuttlebutt, it sends an email to the Amiga people saying
"Fuck you, you nazi bastards, you are killing the amiga" or words to that
effect.

Well met and godspeed,
                      Rev. Giark
                                             ICQ 12235820
                                          [email-masked]
                                     [email-masked]
                                      http://24.112.23.20/~giark/
                            .----------------------------------------------.
                            |      ______  ______    _____  Coming Soon!   |
                            |     / ____/ / __  /   / ___ \ ï¿½SoloTrek III  |
                            |    / /__   / /_/ /   / /  / /                |
                            |   / ___/  / ____ \  / /  / /  ï¿½Cap'n Bubba   |
                            |  / /     / /___/ / / /  / /   And The Nasty  |
                            | /_/     /_______/ /_/  /_/    Alien Menace   |
                            |    Fly By Nite Videe-Oh!                     |
                            |    Amiga 1200 030/50MHz 2Mb Chip 32Mb Fast   |
                            `----------------------------------------------'

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Having difficulty getting "in synch" with list members? 
http://www.onelist.com
Try ONElist's Shared Calendar to organize events, meetings and more!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html